Unsatisfied clients at work, family conflicts, lack of money, health problems are all an integral part of our lives, causing negative emotions and stress. Until the 1930s, this condition was called a nervous disorder until a Canadian physiologist introduced the term. Today, stress is officially considered a medical problem and implies a state of mental stress that occurs during its activity in difficult conditions.
The main reasons of stress condition
There are many reasons of stress for the modern man. This condition is both acute and chronic. The main factors causing it are:
- Lack of time, especially when important work must be done;
- The necessity to do things that you don’t like to do or obligations;
- Dissatisfaction with personal and intimate life;
- Lack of money, credit debts;
- Bad relationships in the family, conflicts with husband, wife, parents.
And this list can be significantly expanded because sometimes even the strict punishment of the chief and the deprivation of the bonus can become strong stress that negatively affects the overall condition of the body.
What can be the consequences of constant or frequent anxiety?
Although stress is a psychological tension, its effects also affect the physical state of the body. The constant presence of anxiety has a negative effect on organs and systems:
- Causes a tension headache that is almost impossible to remove even with medicines.
- Increases the secretion of gastric juice, which can lead to a feeling of heartburn, and in the future the development of gastritis or ulcers.
- Lowers immunity, leading to frequent illnesses and colds.
- It has a negative effect on sleep and falling asleep: it is difficult for a person to fall asleep and wake up quickly.
- Causes muscle tension in the respiratory system, resulting in shortness of breath.
- Increases blood pressure, worsens blood vessels, which can lead to myocardial infarction.
- Due to stress, blood glucose is excreted in the blood, which in the future may be a major cause of type 2 diabetes.
- There may also be problems in the reproductive system – such as infertility.
- Sexual activity under the influence of stress is significantly reduced: for men the potency deteriorates for women – the level of libido.
There is a way out – stress relief supplements
If prolonged stress did not cause serious depression and serious mental disorders, then you can help yourself with natural safe means. Anti-stress supplements are a great option if you do not want to resort to synthetic drugs. They are made mainly of natural components, so they have no contraindications or side effects.
Most of these drugs are characterized by complex composition, but there are also monovariants. The main components of stress relief supplements can be the following:
- Valerian root contains valerian acid providing a soothing effect. In addition to relieving anxiety, this substance also helps to cope with the side effects of stress – relieves spasms of the gastrointestinal tract, enhances the secretion of bile and gastric juice for better digestion of food, promotes deeper sleep and easier falling asleep. The only thing – it causes drowsiness during the day but you cannot feel it in the complex drug.
- Passion flower is a passion fruit flower. It has a wide range of beneficial effects for the body. It is not only a relaxing supplement to cope with stress, neurosis or insomnia but also a component with anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. And being part of dietary supplements passionflower helps to cope with alcohol addiction, an abstinence syndrome that is often associated with stressful conditions. And most importantly – its application improves vitality and gives strength to cope with physical and psychological load.
- Magnesium is one of the most important micro elements for our body. With its shortage we become very vulnerable to stress, react sharply to ordinary small conflicts, sleep poorly. This is why magnesium is an important ingredient in anti-stress medications. Magnesium-based nerve supplements help you stay resistant to irritability, get rid of anxiety. And the intake of such a component helps to get rid of the physical manifestations of stress – for example, nerve ticks. It is almost completely safe if it does not exceed the dosage, so it can be used by children and pregnant women. But it is necessary to consider if there are other components in the dietary supplement.
- B vitamins play an important role in the nervous system. With their deficiency there is irritability, anxiety and chronic stress always causes the maximum consumption, so such a condition is inevitable. B vitamins are a whole group so supplements to relieve stress and anxiety can be both complex and only some of the substances. They are perfectly combined with herbs and micro elements enhancing their anti-stress effect.
- Melatonin is a sleep hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It has the opposite effect to stress. This component is most often included in supplements intended for insomnia because it makes falling asleep easier, and sleep strong and pleasant. It does not directly deal with stress but it does act to relieve the result of persistent stress.
- Kava-kava promotes relaxation, has a psychoactive effect on brain activity. Probably, for good reason, South Pacific cultures have constantly used it as their main beverage. Kava-kava really helps to reduce irritability, anxiety and helps falling asleep.
- Melissa is a simple and familiar component but very effective, especially with other components in the composition of biological additives with anti-stress effect. It helps to relax, improves clarity of thinking and is well tolerated by the body.
These are just the main components that can be part of a dietary supplement from nerves and anxiety. Every year, scientists discover new properties of herbs, natural and synthetic substances, so the ability to deal with stress increases.
How to take anti-stress supplements
Stress supplements are available in various forms: drops, tablets, powders, syrups, capsules, absorbent tablets. Each of them has its own method of application and to obtain the effect it should be strictly observed.
As for the duration of taking, it is also individual and depends primarily on the patient’s condition. In most cases, it requires the accumulation of supplements in the body for it to have effect. If there is no result after taking only one tablet or capsule it should not be disappointing. It takes time.
In addition to dietary supplements from stress, it is also necessary to deal with stress independently: to eat properly and in a balanced way, to get rid of bad habits, to visit a psychologist or psychotherapist in order to establish relationships in the family or team. Only a comprehensive approach will effectively overcome one of the major problems of the 21st century.